Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 1Corinthians 10:31

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

He-Brews Moment

Good morning everyone, hope you rested last night. Talked to Chris last night and all is going well in Mexico on the mission trip. They will be back Thursday so please pray for a safe return.
Well last night I was reading and remembered Tiffany had mentioned Romans 7:19-24 and I know the verses, but have not really studied them. So I happened to be reading in another book and it had those passages from The Message and it reads like this: I decide to do good, but I don't really do it; I decide not to do bad, but then I do it anyway. My decisions, such as they are, don't result in actions. Something has gone wrong deep within me and gets the better of me everytime. It happens so regularly that is's predictable. The moment I decide to do good, sin is there to trip me up. I truly delight in God's commands, but it's pretty obvious that not all of me joins in that delight. Parts of me covertly rebel, and just when I least expect it, they take charge. I've tried everything and nothing helps. I'm at the end of my rope. Is there no one who can do anything for me? Isn't that the real question?
Yes there is someone who can help. It goes on to say that God has given us power through the Holy Spirit to combat every sin that will cross our path. It is up to us to utilize that power. We run this race for God and when we forget that, sin is not far from us. So today as you are out in the race remember it is not about you or me, but about our Creator and the One who loves us so much. Walk in that love today and let that love pour onto others.

4 comments:

  1. I love "The Message", and it does really help when a person is trying to understand. You are right, sometimes our sinful nature makes us rebel against God, but I also find that the closer I get to God, the more Satan will throw at me. Doesn't mean I am rebelling...just means that maybe I am finally doing something right, and Satan doesn't like that. Remember Satan has no use for a person who has rejected God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been able to get those verses out of my head! I especially like the way they are written in the Message. Definately what I needed to read.

    -Mar

    ReplyDelete
  3. ShapedByGod you are so right I always examine myself first, see if there is any sin in my life, then pray against any scheme the enemy might be trying to throw at me and then of course it might just be the world we live in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imagine it so good how God just takes us to His Word to give us what we need at the time we need it. Ever since we chatted God has just been showing me different things to pray and I praise Him for that.

    ReplyDelete