Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 1Corinthians 10:31

Monday, December 21, 2009

He-Brews Moment

I have had a great day and cannot wait to see what tomorrow brings. I was just reading something a little while ago and it has had me thinking. It was discussing people who do not want to surrender "all" to God, they tend to want to keep that little sin in their life. Do we think that "it " can fulfill us more than Jesus Christ. Anyway the scripture they were referring to is Romans 6:11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. You can try to play dead " to your sin that is", but sooner or later it catches up to you. These "almost dead" Christians stay in a constant battle and are probably miserable, they cannot know the abundant life of Christ because of their stubbornness to give up their worldly pleasure. So my question is do we truly die to that sin, lay it down and give it to God or do we continue "faking death" and stay miserable. I personally have just walked through this with a sin in my life that I did not realize that I was still bound too. When God revealed the "fakeness" of it all I could not believe I had given into it. This last 2 weeks have given me a hunger for God that I have been missing for awhile. I praise God and give Him the glory for His revelations and convictions, but most of all His love.

3 comments:

  1. When you give up control of that last thing,standing between you and God, you find it so much easier to hear God's voice. Alot of times it is things that we would never think were in between us and God. I have dealt with that recently also, and I'm sure it will be a struggle for a while in my life, because it is a lie that Satan has feed me for the last 40 years. Susan, thanks for the insight. Praying and being in the Word,and taking action in our service to God. Most times in our lives are thoughts control our actions, but I heard it said differently, yesterday,that our actions can also control our thoughts. Forget how you feel...go out and serve God....and then you can see that taking action can put your thought processes in order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement!!! Submit to God and resist the devil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that death to self is going to be a theme for me in 2010. I was just reading and really meditating on Lazarus taking off the grave clothes as he came out of the tomb. That has just stuck in my heart and I know that I am to focus on that for a long while.

    Now this post about death to sin. Yeah, death is going to be my theme. I would be fake if I didn't say that I am scared in a small part of the old "me" at what I am going to put to death in the coming months but I am more excited and ready to do some killing!

    Thanks for the post Susan.

    ReplyDelete