Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 1Corinthians 10:31

Monday, January 18, 2010

LESSON ON LOVE

Good morning ladies, hope everyone had a blessed weekend. I am getting to go into work a little later this morning, so had plenty of time to let the LORD show me a few things while I was meditating over everything from this weekend. I have really been studying "abiding", but will enter that post later. On a more personal note I am going to share an experience I had this weekend and a lesson I took straight to the heart.
Saturday morning things were not going as "I" had planned. Thomas called and needed me to pick him up in Diana because everyone showed up in the tuba section and they didn't need him, they would have allowed him to stay, but he wanted to come home. Now I have two sons who have some similarities, but a lot of differences. So when John David found out that Thomas had left and he could have stayed (one of John David's passions is music) he became upset. So he called me to voice his opinion on the matter and of course mom not being too happy with her plans already being changed several times became upset and told him to mind his own business. Now after hanging up a million other ways came to mind of how I could have handled the whole conversation, but I dismissed it for the time being.
After this incident I went to a memorial service for a precious 12 day old little girl. Now you can only imagine what God was showing me as the father and the pastor spoke. I knew when I left there I had to speak to John David and tell him how much I loved him and that we are not promised tomorrow with each other, I could not wait until that evening because I was going to be getting home late. I went by the school, but could not find him. So I called the number he had previously called me from and he called me back. I was in Target and I did not care who was listening and I did not care that he was in rehearsal. I told him that our relationship is more important than any worldly thing and that I have to learn how to speak to him in love. He forgave me and I knew that our relationship was going to change at that point.
That evening John David was hit by a car, of course he was not injured except for a bruise and scrape, but what God had showed me that day became reality. It could have been so much worse, and I praise God that is wasn't, but I also praise Him for loving me enough to show me an area of my life that needs to change.
Bro. Neal has been preaching/teaching on restoration, I pray that you will take care of that today, because you are not promised tomorrow.
In the grind for His glory, Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment