Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 1Corinthians 10:31

Friday, January 8, 2010

HeBrews Moment

Good morning everyone sorry I haven't posted in awhile, I have been going through a spiritual battle this week that has kept me in the Word, but mind was so scrambled with everything I was reading that I had no idea what to write. Just being transparent hope that is o.k. I watched Luther last night with Chris and being raised Catholic in East Texas and attending until I was 17 and then on and off until I was about 30. For those of you who do not know I was not saved until I was 33. I had no idea of all that is tied into the belief systems from other countries who still probably practice alot of these works. I knew about indulgences, and purgatory, and all the good works that might put you into purgatory, but keep you from hell. The one thing that really spoke to me and I guess I never really saw it that whole time I went to catholic church was that they believed that you had to rely on the priest to interpret the Bible for you and how they interpreted it is how it was, bottom line. I think back at how we always used missalettes (books) during services to get our scriptures from, we relied on the priests and the teachers during catechism to teach us God's word and it was very limited to what we were taught. Never did I open a Bible until I was saved at 33. I believe that as many changes that are taking place in the catholic church that they still do not teach salvation through Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven, there is no purgatory, and when you are saved you receive the Holy Spirit to guide you through the scriptures to learn them for "yourself", apply them to "your "life. This goes for anyone, do not take man's opinion of scripture, read and study it for yourself and let God show you His meaning and love through His Word. I am not saying we cannot seek wisdom in getting help from the mature believers, but it is so important that you break it down and study it for yourself. Well I am off to work and hope that this will inspire you to not base your life on your works and how good a person you are, but on your relationship with our Holy Father. Do not think so little of yourself, believing a lie, that God does not want to spend time with you, He loves you and desires to show you how much. In the grind for His glory, Susan

2 comments:

  1. I AM READING THE BIBLE FOR THE FIRST TIME AND I MEAN ACTUALLY READING IT...I HAVE READ SOME STUFF AND I AM LIKE WOW...I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE FELT SUCH A WONDERFUL FEELING INSIDE OF ME SINCE I BECAME ONE ON ONE WITH GOD.. IT IS SO MUCH BETTER WHEN YOU MAKE THAT DECISION INSTEAD OF PEOPLE TRYING TO PUSH THINGS ON YOU AND TRY TO MAKE YOU LISTEN TO WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY.. YOU CHRIS AND KAREN HAVE HELPED ME UNDERSTAND SO MUCH THEN I COULD EVER HAVE DONE ON MY OWN AND I WILL ALWAYS BE THANKFUL THAT THE LORD FINALLY HELPED ME SEE THE LIGHT AND LED ME TO TC@WM BECAUSE I COULDNT HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER PLACE TO START THIS NEW LIFE I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in tears! and I stand in awe of my Lord Jesus Christ!

    ReplyDelete