Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 1Corinthians 10:31

Monday, April 5, 2010

Thanking Jesus my Lord and Savior

Well it has been since Feb. 22nd that I have posted anything, I apologize, but sometimes family, ministry, and work come first. I have actually only been on the computer a few times the last 3 weeks.
I would first like to thank Jesus and my sisters in Christ who have prayed along with me in waging war against the enemy about my exercising and eating healthier, I have almost fulfilled my first 40 day commitment, Praise God and Praise God again. During that 40 day time period I had the flu, hurt my back and suffered through some sinus and stomach junk, but this time I persevered and God kept me strengthened enough to continue exercising. I will not waver, I will not look to the left or right, I will keep the course that the LORD has for me. I pray that if you have made a commitment to the LORD that you will stay focused and on task.
I started this off with thanking Jesus and this is what I wanted to discuss. I teach 1st and 2nd grade in Sunday school and in our Word of Life program, during the Resurrection teaching it suggested that the children list ways or things to thank Jesus for what He has done for them. Then they suggested the children plan a "Thank you Jesus celebration" which we now have in the works. In Psalm 100:4 it says " Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name."
So I just wanted to start us off by thanking Him for:
My salvation, for taking me out of the pit of self and transforming my life, for blessing me with a wonderful husband, daughter, and sons, also son-in-law and new grandson, my church family and friends, a job that is more like a ministry that I love to do, and the privilege to go to Him in prayer lifting up myself, family and friends (Romans 1:8-9) and the list goes on and on.
Also what inspired this was I was doing some organizing this weekend and found several cards thanking me for different things, so I request from you that we go to the Father thanking Him, post it on facebook, on the blog site comments or just do it personally between you and the Lord, but as Tiffany would say "Just do it!" because He is the One who deserves our thanksgiving. Grace to you all, Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment